New Year Gossips

Baisakh 1, 2064 Gossip

Today I begin with some hearsays that I have heard from my blogger and reporter friends.

Let me restate it: These are hearsays and I have no input except where "I" or "My…" will be mentioned.

Gossip no. 1

United We Blog! But the team is divided. There is no controversy that UWB!, though in English, is the pioneer blog from Nepal. Erstwhile Nepalis living abroad used to "blog". Wagle Dinesh and Acharya Krishna Prasad aka Ujjwal founded this blog in October 2004. Both are journalists with the Kantipur.

UWB! was the platform for other bloggers too. Many reporters from Kantipur publication were other contributors. Gunaraj Luitel, Deepak Adhikari, Bashnet etc wrote at different occasions.

UWB! is the most popular blog in English. Wagle and Acharya claim that even King Gyanendra and Maoist leader Dr. Baburam Bhattarai visit this site regularly.
UWB! was hacked in the end of 2005. Wagle thinks royalists believed that this site tainted King Gyanendra's image. Wagle asked democratic NRNs in the US to pay for the site to make it unhackable.

When the UWB! started earning nice sum of money from ads and visitors, Acharya and Wagle got divided. They do not have very warm relation now as it used to be earlier.

"Money divided them." The source close to them claims.

Another source in the Kantipur claims that Wagle has been recently rebuked for leaking "Kantipur exclusives" via UWB! by the management.
Though he was sometime back warned by his editor that he might be fired if he did not concentrate on the regular job, Wagle is concentrated more in blogging and working as translator for a reporter of a foreign news agency.
Many reporters at the Kantipur is not happy with the editor at the favoritism to his kin Dinesh.

Gossip no. 2

Ujjwal started Nepalivoices. In this blog, he writes about blogging and Nepali-blogosphere. He started listing URLs of Nepali bloggers.

He along with KP Dhungana of Hamroblog and Tajimm Mohammad of Neppal proposed an organization of Nepali bloggers: Bloggers Association of Nepal (BLOGAN).

They formed BLOGAN before organizing the meetings that was attended by only a few bloggers in January and February this year in the Freedom Forum, Kathmandu. But the working committee has not been formed yet. Reportedly, Taranath Dahal, the president of the Freedom Forum and now the chairman of Rashtriya Samachar Samiti (RSS), is said to be the patron of BLOGAN. He provides BLOGAN financial help.

NEW:KP Dhungana is nephew of TN Dahal. So he manages the Freedom Forum for the meetings even in holidays.


Gossip no. 3

One can see logo of BLOGAN displayed in many blogs that say they are "proud member of BLOGAN".

Both KP Dhungana and Ujjwal Acharya claim that they are the president.
But nobody knows who is the president of BLOGAN and what this association does.

One of the attendants of the BLOGAN meetings say that it is platform of Bahuns and Chhetris only.

Gossip no.4

Umesh Shrestha of MeroSansar claims that he gave up the job of reporter only to become full time blogger. He claims that his blog is the first in Nepali Unicode font.

His blog is the number one in terms of visitors as well as comments.

Among bloggers, he earns the most. The sum he collects a month exceeds $300. He has unique way of making money. He not only publishes advertisements but also requests the commentors abroad to click the ads.
Also, he asks donation for running the blog. Recently, he asked visitors of his site to help a kidney failed patient for surgery. He got a handsome sum of money from the money collected.

Some months ago, reportedly he was threatened by some Royalists. But it is said that it was propaganda by Umesh aka Solokya to become popular.
Umesh promises to pay his reporter friends at different newspapers to get exclusive news beforehand it is published. But he hardly ever keeps his promise.


Gossip no. 5

KP Dhungana is a reporter and works for the Rajdhani Dainik. He has Hamroblog which is another very popular blog in Nepali language.

He writes about political gossips. He is anti-communist. Though he tries to be democratic with some inclination for the Nepali Congress, it is said that he was member of the Student Wing of the Rashtiya Prajatantra Party. His family has good relations with Pashupati Shusher Jung Bahadur Rana.

One of my friends in Dubai who reads Hamroblog and writes comment says that Mr. Dhungana sends emails to his readers to contribute by clicking the advertisements such that he could earn more.

Gossip no. 6

There WAS another very popular blog till last month. Somebody anonymously wrote this blog. It was popular because the blogger was girl who used to write about love and sex very openly.

You got any image? I am talking about Saynasomething.


But Saynasomething has stopped blogging now. First she said that her Gmail password was hacked. After some weeks, her blog collapsed.

But that was a dodge. She decided to discontinue this blog because of the past contents.

She has come above-ground now. She attended the BLOGAN's meeting on February 17.
You can see her photograph Here.

Though she never published her full face, if you had noticed Saynasomething's eyes and hairdo in the "Avatar" (somebody behind me told me that the photo in one's blog is called "avatar".), you will agree that Anbika is Saynasomething.
Why did she decided to discontinue the earlier blog? Will she come with real name now?
There is a magazine called Voices of Women (VOW). In January, VOW had published an article about Nepali female bloggers and their photographs. Editor Shalinee Wadhwa invited Saynasomething also. But Sayana could not dare to be publicized as Anbika. But Anbika, who worked for the Samaya Weekly earlier and also a mass communication student, felt that she missed an opportunity to be popular.

Rosha the best friend of Anbika suggested "to kill Saynasomething". Now Sayasomething is dead.

A person who is acquainted with her, on the condition of anonymity, claims that Sayna's blogs were semi-fictious. Only Rosha can tell the fact. Will you Rosha?


Gossip no. 7

Wagle was not invited at BLOGAN's meetings. That meant he wouldn't have any role in BLOGAN.

But Wagle did not care because he had another project in hand. He started http://www.nepalvista.blogspot.com . Now this project has been developed into Nepalvista

Gossip no. 8

Vahsek, Keshuvko, Keshav Koirala, Keshav P Koirala, KK, AIDSe, HIVman, Notmystery, Matyangra… etc.

If you have seen comments in most of the Nepali blogs with these names, don't get confused: it is the same person.

Keshav was reporter then assistant editor at The Himalayan Times. This longhaired and mustachioed has left the job of journalist now. He teaches Biology in KU. He has many blogsites where he publishes ads. Rather than on content, he is concentrated on money making only.

Some of his sites are:
Recently he has started http://yosansar.com/

http://matyangra.blogspot.com/ this is also his site.

Since he has relations with Ujjwal Acharya of Nepalivoices, Keshav has some position in BLOGAN. Ujjwal's wife is Keshav's cousin.

In response to to Jhan Charitrahin Cheli's article in UWB! a comment was published that leads to a new blog site of a so-called 'Charitrawanchela'" .

Though he denies, this "charitraban chela" is said to be Keshuvko himself. It is said that his girlfriend, a former journalist who is in the US now, had told him the names of the members of "Charitraheen Chelis".

Since he gave some hints about her in that blog, it is said that "Chandrika" is very angry at him. Because "Chandrika" is said to have some family ties with "Sharma" mentioned in the blog, "Sharma" reprimanded her cousin for disclosing about her to "Charitrawan chela."

Now this multiple-personality-genius regrets for publishing that offensive piece because it cost him his girlfriend.

Gossip no. 9
It is said that BLOGAN has planned to organize International Blogger's Summit in Nepal in 2008/2009. Before that members of BOGAN will get opportunities to participate in similar programs abroad.

KP and Ujjwal have decided to go abroad to take part first. Deepak Adhikari and Harsha Man Maharjan will get second chance.
Archana Shrestha has started Nepali-Bloggers. In this site she has listed links of most of blogs of Nepali bloggers.

Though her site is useful finding out the blogs, there are some errors. Many sites are repeated.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxPortion Deletedxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx On special reqest of AS (email plus comment) and HK (comment).
But the keywords were: nepali-bloggers, hacked, underconstruction, dispute

Gossip no. 12

There is one very intellectual blogger called Blogdai.
http://www.blogdai.blogspot.com

Most of the readers believe that Blogdai is none other than Narayan Wagle, the editor of the Kantipur Daily.

When I meet him, I will ask him and tell you next time.

  • Additions
(I got an email this morning in which it has been claimed that Blogdai is not Narayan Wagle.
"It is Deeepak Adhikari".

The link of Blogdai's site is http://nepalnow.blogspot.com/ instead.

(Thanks for the correction, AM Jee. But are you sure who Blogdai is? I believe Blogdai is an old man working abroad.)

Addition:

Another reader wrote me and asked whether Anbika is Anbika Giri.

I suggest you to see the Nepalivoices' link above, CK jee. I don't know who is who.

Request:
You readers and bloggers can be my source of more gossips. So mail me at mailatgossipcorner@gmail.com
Happy New Year 2064.

18 comments:

Salik Shah said...

I like your idea. I hope you can make it big- and Happy New year.

Keep blogging- I can tell your ideas worth thousands $$$/month.

But do you blog for money?

Criticism should be constructive... or sth like that my people told me.

archana said...

सत्य तथ्य समाचार राख्न पर्‍यो
जे पायो त्येहि लेखेर भएन

i have clearly written in my blog about the team member who involved in making of www.bloggers.com.np

Here is the link:
http://archanashrestha.blogspot.com/2007/03/nepali-bloggers-link-under-one-roof.html

होइन कहिले nepali-bloggers को
साईट hack भयो ? LOL .


haa haa फेरी आशिश भन्ने पात्र कहाँ बाट आयो नि ?

JPT gossips.

Binod said...

साथी,
जीबनमा नीरन्तर संघर्ष बढाउनु,र देशको नब नीमारण गर्दै बीकासको उच्चतम विन्दुमा पुग्न परदेशबाट हार्दिक शुभकामना
नयाँ बर्ष २०६४ साल को पावन आवसर मा शुभकामना साथै हजुरले आटेका सोचेका चाहेका हर मनका इच्छा आकांछा पुरा होस् साथै सुस्वास्थ्य, दीरघायु ,तथा उतर उतर प्रगती को कामना गर्दछु ।

बीनोद ढकाल
हाल यु यस ए

Nepali Mystic said...

the whole country is behind gossip, (Yo hallai hallako desh ho) so what's new dude....
...about personal comment, i don't think if anyone can take it lightly....though its a nice read ......have fun...

Mr Editor
http://hamroeditor.blogspot.com

BlogGossipCorner said...

To salik:
Thank you Salik jee for your kind words.
I was not a blogger in 2063. But I have started to blog in 2064 because my friend says that I can easily earn 100 dollars every month.

Honestly speaking, Money from blogs has lured me into temptation.

Google adsense has accepted my applicationt today. I got a confirmation in email. I logged on into the account. But I don't know what to do with it. Now I am unhappy with myself for lagging with the technology.

I thank you for your devious suggestion that "criticism should be contructive." But these are gossips only. I have no guts to criticize others. hahaha

To archana:
Archan jee, these are gossips. I don't know how true they are.
I visited your site and read what you had written about your project. Then I phoned my "source of gossip."
He says "Harka" now. I don't know both Harka and Ashish. But he says he was talking about Harka as your partner in the project. He is silly. I beg your pardon for the mistake in name.

So I have decided to correct the name. lol Can you see Harka now? lol

Finally, thanks for putting my link in you www.bloggers.com.np

To ujjwal:

Ujjwal jee,
Your magnanimity is significant. I have no bias for you and others also. I compiled the gossips about you only. I am sorry if I hurt you. But I am sure you are unscathed.

I am glad that you commented and liked the gossips.

Thanks for the link that you mentioned about matyangra; It will be included in Gossip no. 8. Can you see it now?

To binod:
Binod jee, thank you for your well wishes.

To mr.editor:
Mr. Editor jee,you reminded me the poem by Late Vupi Serchan.
"Yo hallai halla ko desh ho"
"This is the country of hearsays."

I agree with what you have said. Everyone cannot take everything lightly. But these are gossips. One is free not to believe whatever a third person says. Even I don't believe all the gossips.
I only collected them and published here.

I am just bearing the resposibility of ..... (But it is not yellow bloggism.)hahaha

I checked out your site for the first time yesterday and had commented there. "Mr. Editor" these words attracted me towards your site from one of the blogs in which have been blogrolled. But I could not figure out who you are. If you want we can contact with each other via emails. Are you with the Post? The one with specs? (hahaha I am sure you are that ....)

But I respect your decision if you don't want also.

To all:
If you have more gossips to share with me, feel free to write me at mailtogossipcorner@gmail.com
I will not reveal my source if he/she does not want that.

BlogGossipCorner said...

archana jee and ujjwal jee,
I had "edited". but it refused to be published.
What can be the reason?

Admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Admin said...

Hello sathi... ke ho yasto yaar... sabai JPT. Ali digest bhayana ke.

Fact kura haru publish garnu bhayako bhaya aja ramailo hunthyo hola. Tara sabai ulto palto JPT matra rahechha. Just timepass matra. But be carefull, tapaiko yo blog le kasaiko life ma personally problem create nagaros.

And best of luck for your this blog and u may can earn more dollars than salik earnings.

-Harka

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha !! this is the best posting I've read ... truely remarkable piece of journalism /gossip mongering ever ... :)

I'm not a big fan of blog.com.np as it the BIGGEST BIASED journalism I've ever read... I've never been ever to figure out if these guys are journalists or politicians !!

keep up the good work.. :)

BlogGossipCorner said...

To Author:
Harka jee, I understand and respect your feelings. I thank you for your precious comment, considerable suggestion and hearty wishes.

Your suggestion is worth million dollars: I don't intend to harm or hurt anybody personally. I only "blogize" gossips.

The gossips I collect are already fabricated and "overstatement." It is impossible to verify the truth in them. Also, if I start doing that the "charm" of the blogs will be lost, won't it? And I will be a reporter rather than an anonymous blogger.

I have no prejudice for you and others. Hopefully you understand what I mean to say.

I want to earn some money. But I won't blog only for money.

Meanwhile, if you can tell me how much Salik earns that can be included in next blog. (Ha-ha-ha)


To nnepali:
NNepali jee, you have very "sexy" site. I liked your concept, blogs and the pictures.

I knew about blogs via UWB! so/and I don't hate reading "poltics" in it. But I believe that blogging can be done differently without giving priority to politics.

I don't know much about computer-related-things still I have some very "brilliant" and "sexy" ideas. DO YOU WANT TO WORK WITH ME? (This proposal only for you because I am impressed by your "naked nepali" just within two minutes.)

But I have a condition: none of us will try to know each other in person.

But be prepared to read about yourself. ONE DAY SOMEONE MAY SPREAD RUMOURS ABOUT YOU TOO! (hahaha)

You can write me email.



To Everybody:

Hello,

If anybody wants to clarify or complain or disagree, this blog is always open for comments.

I decided starting blogging on the auspicious day of the New Year. We are satiated with nauseating stuff of politics in most of the "just another blog". I had no expectation that it will be read by many. But in this short period of time, I got comments and emails in encouraging number. (I did not prefer keeping the vulgar comments and deleted them.)

Some emails are complains, some are with "gossips" that can be "masal" later for posts, some are curses and some are suggetions. I am really thankful to them who read and write me back.

I won't disregard the value of your readership. Thank you again.

You can reach me at mailatgossipcorner@gmail.com or mailtogossipcorner@gmail.com

Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just noticed this blog today.

Enjoyed gossips till I saw my name.

Am so surprised to note that you know more about me than myself.

Wow! Do I own those all blogs? I am not angry with that gossip. But can you manage me the "earnings" of those all? I will give you 50% of that happily.

Thanks for gifting me new relatives .

Thanks for promoting me to a univeristy teacher.

One request: You come with your real identity. Can you?

Stupidity Galore!

Anonymous said...

काग कराउदै गर्छ, पिना सुक्दै गर्छ ।
बस्।

Anonymous said...

सब को खुटा तान्न पर्छ बाकी त कसैलाइ छोड्नै हुँदैन झन राम्रो काम गर्नेलाइ त झनै छोड्न
हुँदैन

तिम्रो एक्दिन परिचय खुल्ला र गनाउने मोजा र जुत्ताको माला पुरस्कार पाइएला नि

तेती बेला थुइक किन बनाएछु भनेर पछुतो होला नि साथी

हामी लाइ त के छ र गफै त हो नि पढ्न
रमाइलो

Anonymous said...

kukur le pachhadi bata tokchha bhanthe ho ki kya ho?

Anonymous said...

this blog is product of none other than Keshav Koirala.
It is heard that he left gossiping after he receive threats

Anonymous said...

I know for fact that at least one of these gossips is true. I know becasue the person who it is concerned with told me. So there, it isn't all rubbish.
As for who made the site or why, don't know, don't care.
It was tonso fun though.

Anonymous said...

I ADAMS KEVIN, a representative of Aiico Insurance plc, we trust and respect for individual differences in day out a loan. We will provide 2% of the loan's interest rate. If you are interested in this business contact us by e-mail:
(adams.credi@gmail.com) now transfer their loan documents issued properly. Do you need a loan to set up business or school
if you are very welcome to Aiico Insurance plc. You can also contact us by email: (aiico insurance plc@yahoo.com). We
first week can request a balance transfer.
DO YOU NEED LOAN FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS? IF YOU CONTACT YOUR EMAIL ABOVE TO PROCEED WITH YOUR LOAN TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY OK.

You can use this box for messaging